The new year is often about looking back at accomplishments, and looking forward to implement improvements for the coming year. In 2016, the Alper Services Team created another terrific year by best serving our Employees and Clients, and achieving some key milestones along the way:
- Many of you helped us celebrate the firm’s 50th Anniversary with our Chairman and Founder Howard Alper. Howie set us on a course of always putting people first while also having the best processes firmly in place. We proudly have stayed true to and never will veer from his vision.
- We added a new specialty practice, Alper Global Trade Risk Management, which uniquely focuses on helping companies protect their credit, trade and accounts receivables risks, and enhances both their global pursuits and banking relationships.
- We were among approximately 250 agencies honored as a “Best Practices” firm by the Independent Insurance Agents Of America, putting our performance in the top one half of one percent of over 38,000 agencies in the United States.
- I have been named one of Insurance Business America’s “Hot 100,” which recognizes the top industry leaders and influencers.
- Our Personal Lines Manager Michael Jones was nominated to receive the prestigious Certified Advisor of Personal Insurance designation by Chubb Insurance and the Wharton School of Business, which will be bestowed upon him at the completion of rigorous coursework in 2017.
- Chubb awarded Alper Services its most prestigious Cornerstone designation for both our Personal and Business insurance divisions. We are one of only 59 agencies in the country to hold both awards at the same time.
- Our whole Team actively engaged in on-going community support through our Alper Serves contributions to our non-profit and social services Clients; the 50 Acts Of Charity Challenge in honor of our anniversary; our Partnership with the Development School For Youth; as well as our support for over 50 community service and cultural organizations.
So what will 2017 and beyond look like?
We will actively embrace and utilize rapidly changing technology to advance our Clients’ and Employees’ needs. As workplaces become increasingly paperless, we have introduced the Alper Client Portal which provides electronic access to insurance policies, auto ID cards, certificates of insurance, and other insurance information.
More talented people and firms will be added to our valued Team of Experts. We will prudently continue to grow following our strategic expansion plans, thoroughly enjoying our position as the premiere middle-market consultative brokerage. We are uniquely positioned as a privately-held, independent firm with zero ties or pledges to any outside investors, shareholders or private equity interests. Our approach surely is contrarian and we feel our Employees and Clients are best served by our unique approach.
We aim to deliver best-in-class Employee and Client experiences while balancing professional and personal interests. We do not believe in a stressful “work-life balance” but, rather, in a healthy, thoughtful “work-life blend” which works best for our Team and translates into the work we do for our Clients.
As the insurance brokerage landscape changes, with long-known competitors being sold to/acquired by/merged into much larger entities, we will remain as the ideal home for successful agents and agencies who wish to optimize opportunities, and stay true to their own visions.
Those in the business considering securing a new home for their Clients and colleagues will come to know that Our Shared Success Can Become Their Legacy.
While we know that Alper will of course look somewhat different 50 years from now, we believe our strong, deeply rooted core will remain unchanged. We know we are on the right course!
It is a privilege and an honor to serve each and every one of you, our People and our Clients. We will continue to do so into the future, one day and one action at a time. Thank you.
-David Macknin, President & CEO